Service in 3D digitization
Reverse engineering applications
It consists of digitizing a real object and of using the resulting cloud of 3D points to calculate the parametric surfaces that matches the measured 3D points. We get at the end the CAD file of the object.
There are several cases when reverse engineering is useful :
– to get a CAD file of an old object either to produce copies or to modify the cad file for a new designing
– to get the CAD file that corresponds exactly to the object produced
– to get the CAD file of an handmade object…
The cloud of 3D points resulting from the digitization is used here to check the geometry of the object.
Several kinds of post-processing may be done :
– global comparison of the measured points with the original CAD file
– checking of the geometrical specifications of the product
– follow up of the production : identification of a product quality, traceability of product specifications
– production process optimization
The main advantages of a 3D digitization
Get a large amount of data
Decide what you want to do with the data (post-processing)
Traceability, production follow up
A large choice of equipment
HOLO3 can select the equipment adapted to a given application :
Structured light sensors and HOLOMAP® sensors
Measurement arm equipped with laser digitizer
Optical measurement machine : Mitutoyo, Smartscope,..
Examples of applications
HOLO3 is taking in charge the 3D digitization in laboratory or on site, as well as the post-processing of the data.